Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Ballad of John Brown (today)


Ballad of John Brown (today)
lyrics: Jack Gorbett
           Brian Kuder
            Jesse Paulson

Music: Jack Gorbett






Chorus: Look around, look around
Feel the spirit of old John Brown
I think we're going Kansas bound
Border Ruffians all around
(hmmmmm)
Feeling heat from their sound
(hhmmmm)
Not in my American town.



Verse

October 16, 1859
Haper's Ferry will be mine
I think will march up the Potomac Creek
And disrupt the lives that make men weak
We'll surprise em' and they'll never knew what hit em'
Take the colonel, Washington we'll get em'.


Chorus:

Verse



You'll kill my body,
And the history books will dispute,
In the route, the method, and direction I took,
But there's one thing I know, and there's one thing that's true, the sin of slavery was casted upon you.




Chorus:








No comments:

Post a Comment