Friday, February 16, 2018

I wish





I wish America had the moral fortitude 
For self refection.
Regarding senseless violence,
Well, throw up both of your hands.
Does it make you want to holler?

I wish America had the introspection for self reflection.
Ah, now I'm being redundant, like a mass shooting.

When's the next one going to take place?
Have you saved up those thoughts and prayers?
Coming to a city near you

I wish America could try and solve problems.
There's nothing we can do. 
2+2=5 
Who knew?

"Nothing to see here. Don't politicize this issue.
You want to cry? Here's a tissue. Now's not the time
to speak of change, unless it's for the NRA, now ain't that strange?"

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, 
And now we have twice as many bullets in a country then its people.

I wish.
I wish for action.
I wish for change.
I wish for disarming the belief,
That we're to far ingrained.

I wish....







No comments:

Post a Comment